Shape Collage 2.5 has been released!
Shape Collage is used by people from all over the world and has now been translated into Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, ภาษาไทย, 中文 (简体), 中文 (繁體), 日本語, and 한국어 thanks to Helmut, Hardy, Coco, Michele, Zityi, Huberto, Anchan, Annie, Miso, and JaeHyung!
If you would like to help translate Shape Collage into another language, please send an email to email@example.com
With this release, creating collages is even faster than before! Shape Collage 2.5 is up to 100X faster for collages with hundreds or thousands of photos! Also, as requested, more preset shapes have been included in the program and a shape gallery has been created. Several bugs have been squashed in this release and additional helpful warnings have been added, such as when you have inadvertently used settings that would result in a ginormous collage too big to fit on your computer.
Shape Collage continues to be free for personal use and allows you to automatically create beautiful looking photo collages in any shape you want with just a few mouse clicks, but for advanced and commercial users, we introduce Shape Collage Pro, which adds advanced features over the existing free version and permits the use of the software for commercial purposes. The “Pro” version lets you save and load projects so you can save all the photos used for a particular collage along with all the program settings and load them at a later time. Shape Collage Pro also lets you save collages in Adobe Photoshop PSD file format where each photo is in its own layer, allowing you to open up the collage in an external image editing program such as Photoshop or GIMP and manually move photos around, change the ordering of the photos, change the size of the photos, apply filters, etc. Purchasing Shape Collage Pro supports the development of the program so that we can continue to bring new features and improvements to the program (there are still many more to come!). There will be free upgrades to future versions, so you will gain access to these new features when they become available by purchasing now!
This is what you get with Shape Collage Pro:
- Make beautiful collages that you can print out in high resolution
Save as Adobe Photoshop PSD file
- Move photos manually in Photoshop or GIMP
Save and Load Projects
- Save all your photos and settings for later
- Create collage templates
- Create collages to complement your photography business
Support the development of Shape Collage
Shape Collage 2.5 Release Notes
Aug. 12, 2009
- Translated into Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, ภาษาไทย, 中文 (简体), 中文 (繁體), 日本語, 한국어
- Added additional preset shapes
- Added the ability to save and load projects
- Faster algorithm (a lot faster for lots of photos)
- Resizable window
- Improved performance when adding custom masks and background photos
- Fixed bug with PSD files so that they can now be opened in GIMP 2.5 and later
- Fixed bug with the drop shadow not changing after previewing the collage
- Better handling of collages where some photos could not be read
- Added warning when attempting to create extremely large collages
- Fixed bug when the photo size is set larger than the collage size
- The thumbnail views of the custom shape and background photo now properly show the whole thumbnail